Monday, August 8, 2011

Budget Brainstorm


It's been a while since I've given you a budget update.  The long and short is, it's hard to stay on budget!   I know this comes as no surprise to you.  :)  The trickiest part for me is the planning ahead...actually setting aside a certain amount every month for car repair or whathaveyou.  It just all seems to disappear.

The light bulb is to celebrate my brainstorm moment.  This isn't rocket science, but I'm starting a list.  When I want to buy something extra, it goes on a 'wish list'.  There it stays for a while... several weeks to a month.  Then I can re-evaluate and see if I really "need" it.    

My other option would be to find someone with a Type-A/detail-oriented personality to be my budget accountability partner.  Any takers?  

No comments:

Post a Comment