Monday, September 27, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe goodness

My friend Bethany introduced me to a wonderful recipe for a 'perfect for fall' pumpkin spice latte!  I tried it out today and absolutely loved it!  So of course, I had to share.  
It's quick and easy!

Ingredients:
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup of strong brewed coffee

In a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin and sugar.  Cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming.  Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and pumpkin spice.

Next, whisk the mixture very well until foamy.

Transfer mixture into mug, filling only half the cup, and top the rest with coffee.  Top with whipping cream and pumpkin spice or cinnamon.

My own modifications - I used fresh pumpkin (cut in half, seeds cleaned out, baked in oven at 450 in 1/2 inch of water for about 45 min, then pureed in blender - also destined to be devoured by our sweet princess)
I also used organic sugar and skipped the coffee as well as the whipped cream and extra pumpkin spice, cinnamon.  I don't think it needs the extra sugar!  (Can you believe I said that??)  
Original recipe credit:  http://www.frugaldreamer.com/?p=499

Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment