Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Are you a meatloaf fan?

Photo credit: Taste Inspired

I made meatloaf for dinner last night, we had meatloaf sandwiches for lunch, and we liked it so much we're having it again for dinner tonight!  I'm also making dinner for a friend-of-a-friend who just had a new baby, so she's getting meatloaf too!  Hope she likes it as much as we do.
With an easy recipe that good, I thought I'd share and give you a fresh dinner idea.

Meatloaf Recipe
1 lb organic ground beef
2 eggs (preferably organic free-range)
1/2 t Italian seasoning
bread crumbs (preferably fresh - just make some crumbs from a few pieces of bread.  Otherwise, Whole Foods is the only place I've found bread crumbs so far without yucky ingredients in them.)
(Measurements are approximate - I just added seasoning and bread crumbs till it looked good to me)

Mix together.  Cover a baking sheet with foil and put meatloaf on sheet.  Bake at 400 for about 45 minutes.  Spread ketchup on top and then bake for another 15 min or till it smells fantastic and you're happy with how well it's cooked through.   (Don't you love how specific this recipe is? )
Enjoy!

lol - I googled "meatloaf picture" to get a picture to begin this post, and I got all these pictures of an old white guy!  I seem to be missing something...

No comments:

Post a Comment