Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My new friend Sambucus

I’d like to introduce you to my new friend, Sambucus.  Selah’s pediatrician recommended this homeopathic remedy that’s designed to stop whatever nasty virus we’ve picked up from replicating. 

Selah presented a 103 fever late Saturday afternoon, I started giving her Sambucus, and by Monday morning, it was completely gone!  
Davy, likewise, got sick on Monday morning (they take turns) and his fever was gone by this morning!  Some friends who have a similar-sounding bug are still battling it after two weeks!!  Yuck!
If you’d like to make your own personal acquaintance with Sambucus, mine came from Vitacost but I’ve seen it at Sunflower Shoppe and and Central Market.  I imagine that Sprouts and Whole Foods carry it too.

One more quick introduction before I return to watching Tangled with my recuperating son :) - the pediatrician also recommended a homeopathic cough remedy called Chestal Honey.   It really helped his cough and I love having another option besides the mainstream pharma drugs.  

Hooray for healthy kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment