Sunday, August 15, 2010

Chocolate pudding & a kid pic

I just had to post the chocolate pudding recipe I tried out this weekend.  It's really good!  The chocolate taste is a little different from Jello but it's still good!  And it's natural! =)
The arrowroot powder is definitely a different ingredient, but I really like it!  It's what gives the pudding its viscosity.  It just doesn't seem like pudding without it to me.  I found my jar at Sprouts.

Chocolate Creamy Pudding from Heavenly Homemakers
2 1/2 cups milk
3 egg yolks
2/3 cup rapadura or 1/2 cup real maple syrup (I used brown sugar)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
4 T. arrowroot powder (can subsitute 2T cornstarch but the arrowroot powder makes it so much better!)
1/4 t. sea salt
3 T. butter
1 t. vanilla
In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk, egg yolks, rapadura or maple syrup, cocoa, arrowroot powder and salt.  Cook over medium heat, stirring CONSTANTLY until pudding begins to thicken.  Remove immediately from the heat, and continue to stir until pudding is creamy.   Add butter and vanilla and continue to stir until mixed.  Pour into serving dishes and serve warm, or chill for two hours and serve cold.
I noticed I haven't been taking many photos lately... I guess I've been cooking instead.  =)   - Here's one to enjoy.  I'm sure I'll have many more photo opps this week with my mom coming to visit. 
Chris and I had fun looking back through our photo albums tonight from when Davy was Selah's age.  I don't have any pictures of him at six months on my computer but I do from when he was 7 months!  Look out for some of those early next month!  
Davy is playing with his Leapfrog letters writing game. Some days he makes letter sounds, builds words, and practices drawing his letters all day long!  





No comments:

Post a Comment