Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Random things

A few things to note

I was recently introduced to a new snack food that I'm a big fan of.  It's called Brothers All Natural Fruit Crisps.  They come in a myriad of flavors including apple, strawberry banana, pears, etc, etc.  They're a decent price, ship for free from their website, AND there's nothing added.  No sugar, nothing.  Just the fruit.  1 1/2 apples per package.  I think it's a great way to get more fruit into my boy and better than your typical 'fruit' snack!

VeggieTales.  Up to this point, we've been VeggieTales fans.  Catchy songs, good messages on their shows.  Chris and I have noticed something recently though - some of their songs don't convey quite the message we want because they are sung by the 'bad guys'!  "Busy, busy, dreadfully busy.  Much, much too busy for you!" and "Keep walking...Your brains are very small".  Not exactly the sort of stuff I want in my head or Davy's!
We do have a Vtales worship cd that is terrific.   So we will be listening to less VeggieTales and more...

Today, we were introduced to the Seed Family Worship cd.  It's fun worship music that is all Scripture.  Our LifeGroup is going in together to order some copies; I'll let you know how it turns out!

I garnered a great quote today from our LifeGroup.  Ready?  "Transparency creates connection points for relationship"  Too often, when we feel lonely or have something hard going on, we pull inside ourselves and don't share.  Then we feel even more lonely!  But if we open up appropriately and let someone else "in", then we can build stronger relationship with one another.  And encourage one another in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment